Saturday, July 28, 2012

"Christmas in July" My Addiction to Frames

 Hi my name is Pamela and I am from over at From My Front Porch To Yours. I was so honored when I was asked to participate in Christmas In July with all these fabulous ladies! I pondered for weeks what I was going to share and well after several treasure hunting trips it dawned on me!

I LOVE frames! I am addicted to frames and use them all around my house. 

I can always manage to work a frame in some where!:)

One project I do every year is to make frames as gifts for teachers or whomever. I shop for frames at HobLob when they are 50% off. I stock up thru out the year. Also at the end of the holiday season I always take part in Michaels clearance. I can find so many beautiful ribbons, stickers, chip boards, and embellishments on sale that I have to tell my self to stop and not put another thing in my cart!;) You will also need ModgePodge, craft glue and a hot glue gun plus whatever else you can imagine!

I always make such a huge mess. Most of the time the kitchen table is out of commission for two days once I get started. My boys don't mind because that means picnic time in the living room!:)

I never really now what I am going to end up with. 

Most of the time I can find the little mini gold frames in the Michaels bargain section. I love these frames because you can do so many things with them. I have even made fridge magnets with them. 

I loved this chip board box so much and hated the thought of throwing it away so instead I used it to create a layered shadowbox of sorts.

I used a white paint pen and covered up the wording at the top of the box and made it look like more snow. Then I used a vintage scene from a card I had to make it look like you are peering thru the window at Santa. Then I used some chip board pieces to cover up the other areas on the box that needed covering. This frame is one of my favorites. 

I know it is only July but for me it is never to early to get a jump start on decorating and crafting for the holidays! It will be here before we know it and I hope that I was able to inspire a few projects out there.

Thanx for stopping by!



Be sure to stop by all these fabulous ladies if you missed any of the projects shared this past week!
Amanda-The Ivy Cottage Blog
Kori-Red Hen Home
Anita-Cedarhill Ranch
Debbie-Confessions of a Plate Addict
Samantha-Crafty Texas Gals
Missy-Lookie What I Did
Linsey-The Farmhouse Porch




4 comments:

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

Really, really cute Pamela!

thistlewoodfarm said...

Great idea with the frame and the buckle! I love it! Thanks for inspiring me today!

Have an awesome day!
karianne

Susan said...

Your creations are beautiful! You have inspired me to do things with a couple of shabby chic frames I have.

Anne said...

Pamela I love your Christmas frames. What an awesome idea. You have inspired me and I just might make a few of these for the upcoming holiday. It's so personalized to a persons taste too. Oh what about a Halloween one? That might be neat. Or an Thanksgiving....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...