Sunday, September 16, 2012

Halloween Hutch

Ok, I know I said that THIS was the extent of my Halloween decor. But I fibbed. I just couldn't help myself.     I was watching "The Diary of a Wimpy Kid" movie with my girls this evening, and it was the Halloween scene. While most people would be sitting there actually following the story line, I was noticing all of the cute Halloween decorations in the Wimpy kid's house. 


And to totally skip topics...have you ever noticed how right after you move you know where everything is because you just got done schlepping it around? So, since we had just moved into this house a year ago, I knew exactly where these items were. I got up quietly, placed them all over the china hutch, and then called my girls into the dining room (lights off of course, for the spooky factor).




I wish I had videotaped the reaction. Isn't it fun how children delight in the simplest of things? Squeeels, ooohs and ahhhs.  :D LOVE it! Hubby wasn't so entertained. "It's, like, 6 weeks till Halloween..."






A couple of the items are very special to me. The first is the glass pumpkin up on top. My mom would put that out every Halloween. That, and this Fitz and Floyd haunted house cookie jar, were about the extent of her Halloween decorating. Somehow it was always enough to make us happy. Of course I begged her for them.


I also love my candy corn candles. I can't bring myself to light them, they're too darn cute.

Alright...SO...this may or MAY NOT be the last of my Halloween decorating.

♥Linsey

5 comments:

Cottage Dreaming and Flea Market Wishing said...

looks so cute... :)

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

It's hard to quit. Especially when you have little ones who appreciate your effort. Love all the orange and black in your old cupboard!

Pamela said...

Too cute Lins! Clayton loves those books. We need to show him the movies.

Kristen Whitby said...

I love Halloween decorations! My husband thought I was crazy when I started pulling mine out a couple weeks ago. :) I love yours! I especially love the ones that you had from when you were a kid.

Anne said...

Lindsey I love it. Looks great! Us woman love to decorate our homes for holidays. I know I'm itching to get out my Halloween decorations too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...