Saturday, October 19, 2013

A Funny Puppy Tooth Vintage Christmas Ornament DIY



This morning our 16 week old lab puppy ,Junebug, lost a tooth. She has been losing teeth steadily over the past few weeks but this morning was the first time we were able to get a hold of one. My daughter came running in with it and all of us were excited to have such a sweet tiny memento of our new babies quickly fading puppy days.

Stuff like this usually ends up thrown away or tossed into a drawer or jewelry box. But as I looked at it laying in the tiny metal tart tin I had temporarily put it in, the idea hit me to hot glue it into the tin and turn the whole thing into an ornament. I don't know why I had never thought of this before, I wish I had done this with the girls's teeth. I know they would be so tickled to see it each year as we sift through the Christmas ornaments and decorate the tree.


So here is how this funny little ornament ended up after I added my vintage style embellishments. I really do think we will enjoy looking at this this years from now...



Awww...such a teeny tiny tooth!



I used a silver sharpie to write and decorate the inside. 



I also used vintage style tinsel around the edge, and tea stained binding seam for a hanger. Sweet Magnolia Farm on etsy is where I buy it.



And there it is! A free Christmas ornament keepsake to remember puppies first Christmas.

~Linsey



10 comments:

Shabby chic Sandy said...

That is so cute--I must show my daughter. We rarely ever have found our pups teeth :)

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet, adorable ornament! I love, love, love that you did this. Warms my puppy loving heart!

La Petite Gallery said...

Such a cute thing to do. Love it. I miss my old dog.

yvonne

Anne said...

OH my gosh this is so cute! What a sweet way to remember your puppies early years!
xx
Anne

Revi said...

Clever and sweet! :)

Unknown said...

The cast of White Christmas did a phenomenal job! Best show I've seen in years! What to Buy Dad for Christmas

Pamela said...

too cute Lins! I have savannah's first took somewhere.

Cynthia said...

This is such a cute idea. I have our puppies teeth. I remember always looking for them when the two of them were losing them. I have them in a jar. I am weird I am sure but I cherish them!

Cynthia

Sherry at The Rusty Pearl said...

AWE I LOVE IT AND WHO KNEW THAT A PUPPY TOOTH COULD BE PART OF THE FAMILY TREE. LOVE THAT IDEA .. Thanks for sharing such a sweet IDEA my sweet friend. .HUGS and have a blessed Harvest season

srpprcrftr said...

That is so sweet and you made the ornament so special. Love it. Glad you showed us and shared this special moment.
I was hoping to see photo of your pup.
We have a black lab/border collie, he'll be 5 next month. We got him at a year so think we missed the shedding of his baby teeth. I do have couple of teeth from our cocker spaniel which we had before the lab. I put them away but will do what you have when I find them. Also have a tart tin like yours. Great idea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...