Sunday, August 3, 2014

Antique Windows

I have been pretty open about my antique window addiction. I just can't seem to get enough. It's borderline ridiculous to outsiders, but I know you will totally get it. And if you follow me on my facebook page
you saw the old windows I found completely by chance this week on Craigslist for $60. A little miracle considering the price of these on ebay. Ouch!



 All of you were so sweet to comment on my page and ask me what I was going to do with them. I have a few ideas rattling around in this little brain of mine, but in the mean time you know I couldn't just let them collect dust in my office! They required being enjoyed immediately.  




I decided to just prop up my favorite one on my entry table and make a few changes in here.





I wanted to do a simple floral thing. But I was tired of using the same vases, buckets and containers. I thought it would be neat to fill up my huge white bowl.



It's hard to tell scale in pictures, but this bowl is really really huge. 


Sorry for the blurry photo...

But isn't it so special that someone took the time to sew the cover of this antique school book back on long ago? 






I've also been making a few changes to the master bedroom. Here's a sneak peek before the reveal...




I hope you are having a wonderful day my friends!



~Linsey


23 comments:

Unknown said...

So serenely beautiful. The windows are an awesome addition to your entry table! I could not believe your score when I saw all three windows on FB! And I am so glad you are enjoying them by displaying them and letting us enjoy them too! Thank you!

Unknown said...

Your entry is beautiful and the windows are the perfect touch!
Kim

Blondie's Journal said...

These are beautiful windows! I've had a bit of luck at some antique malls out in the country.

Love how you have arranged this table!

Jane xx

Cranberry Morning said...

Those are lovely! I have a few leaded glass windows also and have wondered about hanging them between two parts of the same room, kind of like a visual divider. Not sure. I like yours displayed like that!

chateau chic said...

LOVE your old windows...they have so much character as well as being beautiful. And I like the idea of using your large white bowl as a vase...nice change!
Mary Alice

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Such a special find! They are awesome and I love how you used it on your table. And I love the book displayed open like that. Aren't old books just the best?

Jeanette@Creating a Life Studio said...

Perfect spot to enjoy your "new" window. It really is beautiful. I love the big white bowl and the vintage books, too!

Jeanette

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Lindsey,
I just had to see how you were using these beauties in your home. Yes, I agree, this one was my fav too and it looks wonderful in your foyer. Hope you will be sharing at my Show and Share Party on Monday.

Blessings,
Linda

Unknown said...

Be~you~tiful. . .

Carolyn@Sweet Chaos Home said...

Your entry is so pretty, and the windows look perfect there! And, as the daughter of a book binder, I do appreciate the sewn book cover :) Congrats on your screaming deal!!

Laura @ duke manor farm said...

the windows are perfect right where they are at.

Ann said...

The windows are beautiful and they look lovely in your entryway. My son also collects old windows, so I understand your "addiction."

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

That bowl is clearly huge and it looks great there. I don't think I've ever seen such a special old book quite like that, Linsey. What a find!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Beautiful! Old windows add even more charm to an already charming space. Hope you'll hop over and share at Amaze Me Monday...
Blessings,
Cindy

Becki said...

I love, love, love the vintage devotional-

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Those windows are quite the find--they are beautiful! Love your entryway display!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

What fabulous windows you've found, Linsey! I like the diamond pane leaded glass window right where you've got it leaning on top of your table. I found another leaded glass window a few weeks ago and just today hung it in my kitchen bay window. Now I can view my garden through old wavy glass. Enjoy yours!

Unknown said...

You know I love it! Antique Windows is gorgeous! and I'm crazy about that window treatment with the roman shades.
Neutral Interior Design

La Petite Gallery said...

If I were a builder, I'd pot those leaded glass windows in my house. I once saw a beveled crystal and brass
window. I loved it.
yvonne

La Petite Gallery said...

what's going on with most of the bloggers they never comment back? Well some comment an answer on their own blogs. I never know till I revisit. Must be the heat-- haha yvonne

LivingVintage said...

Oh my! What a score! I love all of them especially the round one. I'm sure you know how RARE that shape is. Good for you!

Unknown said...

I have no words. It is perfect. Thank you for sharing.
*Smiles*


________________________
American Actor HD Wallpapers

Unknown said...

After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!HD Wallpapers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...